Richmond’s First Non-Event Gala
Monday, April 20 – Sunday, April 26, 2020
Support Affordable Housing with 3 Simple Steps:
1) Stay Home
2) Save Time/Money Spent on Attending Actual Gala
3) Support BHC’s Non-Event Gala
What is Stay Home RVA? Stay Home RVA is Richmond’s FIRST non-event gala to raise awareness of the need for affordable housing in our region. “Guests” directly donate an amount to BHC they would have spent attending an event. Instead of spending time away from their families and incurring the expense of going to a gala event, guests are encouraged to choose the day/time that works best with their schedules, and stay home and have dinner with their families, or throw a dinner party with friends.
Any perks for participating? Yes! Stay tuned to this site for 2020 perks! After “purchasing tickets,” you’ll receive a confirmation email with an access code to our online virtual swag bag that includes these great gifts:
- Downloadable menu with dinner recipes prepared by a local chef (chef David Crabtree-Logan of The Broken Tulip created 2019’s Stay Home RVA menu)
- Cocktail recipes by a local mixmaster/mistress (Kevin Liu, co-owner of The Jasper and author of “Craft Cocktails at Home” created our 2019 special cocktails)
- Dinner music playlists curate by local DJs – 2019 DJs were including 103.7 Play’s Melissa Chase (Pop), 97.3 WRIR’s Sean Lovelace (Jazz) and Bill Lupoletti (World Music).
- 2019 special benefit: 50% discount on a River City Food Tour where your friendly guide will share stories about the neighborhood you explore and introduce you to new restaurants and foods!
And 100% of your “ticket purchase” is tax-deductible.